Have you come across HP Printer Error 49.4 c02 while printing documents? Well, HP is a trusted name when we talk about printing devices with unique designs and features. However, you may experience issues while printing the documents that might hinder all your tasks related to the HP printer. And, one of the main causes behind the same error is the print job. HP error 49.4 c02 can be easily resolved just by deleting the queue jobs. To know additional solutions, you can check out the whole article.
What may lead to HP Printer Error 49.4 c02?
It is important to get acknowledge the causes behind the occurrence of HP error 49.4 c02 before trying to fix it. Here, we have given all the possible reasons accountable for the same error.
- Because of the damaged power cables.
- If you are working on outdated firmware, this may give rise to HP error 49.4 c02.
- The network connectivity issues may cause the same issue.
- Faulty printer hardware can be the reason behind the HP printing issue.
- You have not properly plugged in the power cables.
You May Also Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Rununk13?
How can you troubleshoot HP Printer Error 49.4 c02?
Various solutions are available on the web that can be applied in order to fix the HP error 49.4 c02. However, the following list contains a few solutions to resolve the same issue instantly.
Solution 1: Disable Advanced Printing Features
- First of all, choose the Windows Logo printers.
- And then, click printer queue and go to the Printing preference.
- Select the Advanced option and select Advanced Printing Features.
- Finally, choose the disable option.
Solution 2: Verify if you are working on the Franklin Gothic Book Font
- Firstly, you need to enable the ‘Send True Type as Bitmaps’ setting from the Advanced tab. (For PCL 5e and PCL6 drivers)
- Or, you can set the True Type Font Download to Bitmap. And then, choose PostScript Options after selecting the Advanced tab. (For PS driver)
You can also use the Web JetAdmin plugin (Device Storage Manager) to install the font on the printer’s hard drive.
Solution 3: Update the firmware
- The initial step is to turn on the printer.
- And then, verify if the Ready is appearing on the LCD
- Now, print a test page and verify the firmware revision of the printer by following the steps written below.
- Firstly, choose Start and press Down to open the Information menu.
- Again, click Select and press Down to launch the Print Configuration on the LCD
- At last, tap on Select to print the test page.
- Go to the Printer Information to check the firmware date and revision.
- First of all, choose Start.
- Click on Run.
- In the Open box, write CMD or COMMAND and choose OK.
- Look for the firmware under the directory.
- Meanwhile, choose Enter
- Write copy /B *.RFU LPT1 in the window prompt.
- Copy the firmware file to the printer by pressing Enter.
- Finally, you will get the Upgrade window.
Solution 4: Remove jobs in the print queue.
For this, launch the printer device and look for the printer icon on the bottom right-hand corner. After that, right-click to launch the print queue. Finally, you have to delete all jobs to delete HP error 49.4 c02.
You May Also Read: How to Fix Fortnite Error Code 91?
Solution 5: Printing a test page
In this solution, you first need to power off the printer and disconnect the cable. And then, power on the printer and connect the cable. Now, print a test page if the HP printer switches to a ready state after disconnecting the cable.
If the test page prints, it indicates one of the print jobs might cause HP error 49.4 c02.
Expectantly, this post has assisted you in troubleshooting HP printer error 49.4 c02 without hindering your business activities. In our assumption, you will not face any difficulty while applying the above solutions. Even after attempting each solution, you are still experiencing the same error code, then it is recommended to hire a technician who can resolve all your issues on your behalf. So get our assistance today by visiting our website.
Q1: What is 49.4 c02 Service error?
A: 49.4C02 error is usually reported by different users that may hamper all your activities associated with the printer. To resolve this service error, you might be asked to restart the printer. The main cause behind this error occurrence is ‘trying to print an outdated firmware printer version.’
Q2: How to clear the error code on my HP printer?
A: If you want to prevent yourself from getting the error code on the HP printer, follow the steps written below.
- Firstly, turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord.
- After that, you need to unplug the power cord.
- Now, wait for a while.
- Finally, reconnect the power cord to the printer.
Q3: How to resolve HP printer Status error?
A: An issue with the printer might lead to the HP printer status error. To resolve this error, ensure to turn on the printer and connect it to the PC by cable or Wi-Fi.
Q4: How to reset my HP printer error message?
A: Given below are the steps to hard reset the HP printer error.
- First of all, ensure that you have turned on the printer.
- After that, launch the printer and delete the cartridges.
- Now, unplug the power cord along with the other cables.
- After some time, plug in the power cord and other cables.
- Finally, launch the printer and reinstall both cartridges.
Q5: How to update HP Firmware?
A: To update HP firmware, you first need to visit the manufacturer’s website and find out the correct firmware for your system. At last, you have to go through the instructions to update HP firmware.