Have you experienced iTunes Error 0xe80000a at the time of connecting your iPhone with Windows 10 computer? These error codes might appear when the PC can’t read content from the iPhone or deny playing music. One of the most common error that has been repeatedly reported by users is iTunes Error 0xE80000A. It indicates iTunes could not connect to this iPhone 0xe80000a and might lead to interruption.
To know the aforementioned error in detail, you need to go through the whole post. We have mentioned all ways to deal with iTunes error 0xE80000A in this post.
Causes behind the occurrence of ‘iTunes could not connect to this iPhone 0xe80000a’
Various causes may lead to iTunes error 0xe80000A, some of them are as follows.
- Due to the damaged USB port or cable, you may face error 0xe80000A iTunes.
- When you have installed an incompatible version of iTunes on your PC.
- Because of the corrupted missing Windows files, etc.
|NOTE: A damaged USB port or cable may give rise to 0xe80000A error iTunes. To resolve this error, you can use another cable or connect your iPhone to another USB port of the system. Also, make sure the USB cable has been connected between the PC USB port and the iPhone.|
How to fix iTunes Error 0xe80000A?
Below, you can find out the possible ways to resolve the iTunes could not connect to this iPhone 0xe80000A error. If you are in search of further assistance regarding the same, feel free to hire an expert from our team.
Solution 1: Updating the Operating Systems
Updating the operating system is one of the most appropriate solutions that can resolve your issue. Here are the steps to update the systems.
- Firstly, press the Windows + I keys altogether to open the Settings app.
- After that, choose Update and Security to download the latest Windows.
- Select Check for Updates to install the latest Windows updates from the Microsoft server.
- At last, update the iOS software via the Setting app on your iPhone.
Solution 2: Restarting the Apple Mobile Device Service
- The initial step is to press Windows + R keys and write services.msc.
- Press the Enter key and find the apple mobile device service.
- After that, right-tap on the device and click Restart.
- If you are unable to start the service, double-tap on it and launch Properties.
- Now, you need to set the startup to automatic and again launch the service present next to the service status.
- Finally, choose OK and apply the changes.
Solution 3: Reset location and privacy settings
- Firstly, choose the Settings app on the iPhone and click on General.
- After that, select the Reset option.
- Choose the reset location and privacy settings.
- Finally, select Reset settings to confirm.
Solution 4: Resetting the lockdown folder
- Choose Windows + R to launch the Run box and then type %ProgramData% in the search box.
- Select Ok and double-tap on the lockdown folder after seeing the File Explorer Window.
- After that, right-tap on the lockdown folder and select Rename.
- Rename the folder that ensures the backup remains safe in the old folder.
- At last, the lockdown folder will automatically get created with the security certificate.
Solution 5: Resetting iTunes App (For Windows 10 only)
- The first step is to launch the settings app by holding the Windows + I keys.
- After that, choose Apps > Apps and Features.
- Look for iTunes and then go to the Advanced options.
- Finally, reset the app to its default setup.
Solution 6: Disable Antivirus
The third-party antivirus program may lead to the connectivity issue between the iTunes software and your iPhone. To detect the issue, you have to pause antivirus software temporarily and try to reconnect your iPhone. Keep in mind to disable various live shields of antivirus software rather than disabling the antivirus system.
Assumingly, the ‘iTunes could not connect to this iPhone 0xe80000a’ error has been fixed after reading the whole post carefully. We have tried to include all the feasible solutions to fix the same in the above post. There might be instances of getting stuck in an issue while applying any of the above-listed solutions. If you have also got stuck in such a situation, kindly get connected with the Apple community or us. We are all set to assist you till the issue gets resolved.
Q1: How to perform a reinstallation of iTunes?
A: Go through the following steps to reinstall iTunes.
- First of all, choose Settings, then select Apps.
- After that, select iTunes > Uninstall.
- Follow the ongoing instructions and ensure to remove everything along with iTunes.
- And then, restart the system and install a copy of iTunes from the Microsoft Store.
- Finally, reinstall the copy on the system.
Q2: Why can’t I connect to iTunes or App Store?
A: If you are unable to connect to iTunes or App store, shut down every application and restart the device. After that, go to the Apple’s System Status website and sign out of the store. Now, sign in again and update your device to the recent version.
Q3: What to do if iTunes cannot restore iPhone?
A: Here are the steps to fix ‘iTunes cannot restore iPhone.
- Firstly, update iTunes and Reboot the system.
- After that, you need to hard reset your iPhone When It’s Plugged into your system.
- Now, use a USB Cable, Different Lightning, different USB Port or Computer.
- And then, DFU Restore your iPhone.
- Finally, if the error persists, choose the Options for repairing your iPhone.
Q4: How to update iTunes?
A: The first step is to choose the Apple Store and then select the Updates tab. Now, check if the updates are pending or not. After that, click on Update next to the iTunes app icon and enter the iTunes password whenever required.
Q5: Do you need to pay a monthly fee for iTunes?
A: No, you don’t need to pay a monthly fee to continue using iTunes. However, you have to pay a fee to purchase items for your account. And if you want to avail of advanced features, you have to pay an amount for it.